To recognize the top individual performances of the Spring 2019 regular season, the Maui Adult Baseball League invites active players to weigh in on their choices for several awards which are described below. Please note, in order to recognize the most deserving candidates, only active player and coach submissions will be counted for the awards voting this season.
- The Most Valuable Player award recognizes the player who has been the most outstanding in the league. Batting, pitching (if applicable), and defense may be considered when choosing this award.
- The Cy Young award recognizes the league’s top pitcher.
- The Rookie of the Year award goes to the new player who’s overall performance was most impressive. Players nominated did not meet eligibility requirements for any previous season.
- The Manager of the Year recognizes the most impressive managerial performance of the season.
- The Batting Champion is awarded based on the top batting average in the league upon players with enough plate appearance to qualify.
- The Gold Glove award recognizes the league’s top defender at any position.
- The Most Improved award goes to the player who’s performance this season most exceeded previous production. This award is meant to acknowledge hard work coming to fruition.
- The Kenneth Talbot award honors the memory of one of the league’s past players, recognizing the player who best exemplifies the qualities of sportsmanship, community involvement, and positive contributions towards others, on and off the field.
Candidates that appear on the ballot have been selected based upon their statistical merits and nominations from MABL coaches and scorekeepers. For complete hitting and pitching stats for all of the candidates, visit the stats page. You can also view past award winners on the awards page. Voting for the MABL end-of-season awards will be open through May 30.
Candidates Hitting Stats
|E. Yajure Pena||WB||11||44||42||10||18||5||0||0||12||2||1||0||4||23||.429||.455||.548||1.002|
Candidates Pitching Stats
|E. Yajure Pena||WB||1.36||2||1||3||8||2||1||33.0||17||7||5||13||44||.147||12.00||3.51||0.91|